The Campaign Accelerator Facilitation Training is for anyone who wants to lead a team through a dynamic, participatory campaign planning process – a new and effective way to take your campaign idea from concept to reality.
Graduates of this five-day experiential course will have learned to:
- Build a solid strategy that addresses your core issue,
- Generate tested tactics to engage your key audiences,
- Foster a team culture that embraces learning and iteration throughout a project cycle, and
- Use collaborative methods that ensure full-team alignment.
Date: 21-26 June 2017
Location: San Francisco, CA USA
Cost: $1,900 (USD) per person (includes breakfast and lunch during training days)
Note: Please let us know if cost is an issue, and we can discuss options.
The Campaign Accelerator Facilitation Training involves five dynamic working days (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday, and Monday) as well as a 90 minute virtual session before we gather in person. The curriculum also includes a personalized coaching session with one of our expert trainers.
During the training, participants will:
- Explore and practice leading the four key modules: Define, Sense, Create, and Prototype.
- Learn how to pull the component pieces generated during the week together into a full project plan based on project team needs.
- Explore tools/techniques for building strong team collaboration.
- Understand the role of the facilitator in the Accelerator process and practice facilitation, including the strategic use of games and energisers.
- Join a peer support network of Campaign Accelerator facilitators around the world.
The training curriculum includes a mix of interactive sessions led by the training team and practice sessions designed and facilitated by participants.
Is this for me?
This training is ideal for those who:
- Work directly with campaign teams or regularly help lead campaign planning processes.
- Have capacity to prepare and deliver a 5 day workshop or equivalent with project teams.
- Can support implementation and monitor impact of approach on campaign projects.
- Have prior experience facilitating group strategy processes.
- Are registering with a colleague or future facilitation “partner”; This process is best facilitated in teams, so you will get the most value from this training if you have other colleagues trained in the Campaign Accelerator methodology.
Note: This training is primarily geared toward campaigners from NGOs, but if you’re a professional facilitator and would like to come, please get in touch!
Tracy is an expert in facilitation and campaigning, having spent 18 years leading campaigns for Greenpeace globally. Most recently Frauzel has been guiding Greenpeace offices and project teams through the process of designing more innovative and effective people-powered campaigns through creative facilitation, human centered design, and strategic innovation. Frauzel holds a masters degree in design thinking.
Ben has been leading and advising on modern campaigns for more than a decade. Prior to joining the Mobilisation Lab in 2013, Simon guided digital advocacy for the Democratic Party, Mozilla, and a range of other campaigning organisations. Simon is an experienced meeting designer and facilitator, having led workshops and trainings all over the world.